World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
November 9-10, 2020
Get a font row seat at the 2nd annual World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) Virtual Conference!
This live event is hosted by the Arizona Department of Economic Security (ADES) for individuals, professional organizations, and communities to connect and advocate against abuse, neglect, and exploitation of older people including individuals with disabilities. This is an important opportunity for those serving such communities; government, service providers, non-profit and for-profit organizations to network, discover innovative practices, share information and resources.
Together, let's raise awareness about abuse, neglect and exploitation toward older people in Arizona!
Kathy Greenlee served for seven years (2009-2016) as the Assistant Secretary for Aging at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in Washington, D.C. During her tenure, Kathy provided national leadership on the realities and prevalence of elder abuse.
Bob Blancato is the President of Matz, Blancato and Associates. In that capacity, he also serves as the National Coordinator of the bipartisan 3000-member Elder Justice Coalition, the Executive Director of the National Association of Nutrition and Aging Services Programs and National Coordinator of the Defeat Malnutrition Today Coalition.
About the Conference
- Experience 2 full, interactive days
- Enter a 3D environment with live streaming videos (accessibility features included), downloadable resources, leaderboard points for a chance to win prizes
- Keynote speakers, 7 tracks and over 25 breakout sessions with live speaker Q&A
- Participate in on-demand breakout sessions (access up to 1 month after the conference)
- Meet and interact with exhibitors
- Gain continuing education units (CEU’s) in nursing
- Add optional $25 Grubhub food delivery to your registration, but you only pay $15
$ 80.00 Attendee
$ 95.00 Attendee + Grubhub
$ 55.00 State Government Employee/Non-Profit Employee
$ 70.00 State Government Employee/Non-Profit Employee + Grubhub
$ 155.00 Exhibitor (one-person admittance)
$ 175.00 Exhibitor + Grubhub (one-person admittance)
Professionals from federal, state and local levels
Continuing Education Units (CEU's)
The University of Arizona Center on Aging, an Approved Provider of the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP14824, has approved this program for 14 contact hours.
Breakout Session Tracks